I know, I know, it isn’t Thanksgiving yet. However, with the kind of year we are having, I knew it was time to put up my Christmas decorations. As many of you know, my husband and I bought a house this past January, so this is our first Christmas in our house. Well, I had the best time at Hobby Lobby yesterday picking out the remainder of our Christmas decorations and wanted to share some finds.
Hobby Lobby tends to rotate through which sections are 50% off every week. This past week, ALL of their Christmas items were 50% off! Typically, that means their Christmas items will not be on sale next week, but the following week they will be back to 50% off. You can check the sales and find a 40% off coupon on a single item (in case there is an item you need that’s not on sale) here.
Let’s start with my front door. I loved how this came together!
- Wreath: I found this at Home Depot (battery-powered lights on a timer) for $40. It was a little pricey, so I’ll keep you posted on how it holds up.
- Mat: Found at Target last year; however, just found this one and it is only $10! So cute. It looks like they have a lot of options for less than $10.
- Sign: I have been on the hunt for one of these! Found this one at Hobby Lobby for $25 after 50% off! it is reversible and the back says “JOY”. I was so proud of this. I cannot find the exact one online, but they had several options in the store.
Next, I found a couple trinkets for the entrance of my house. Here are some of my favorites.
- Merry Christmas sign: This sign is so cute, and for $6.50, you can’t go wrong.
- Mini spruce: I wish I had bought more of these – I love the way they look with the signs I have. The one I bought is $5 and there are other sizes too if you are looking for smaller or larger.
- “All I want for Christmas…”: I think I chuckled in the Hobby Lobby aisle when I saw this one. It’s pretty small, but is great if you need a little Christmas touch. For $3, you can’t beat it.
- Joy sign: Again, this sign is another $5 find. It is actually a decent size too for the price!
Lastly, I wanted to share a couple of my finds for my Christmas tree and “mantle”.
- Dog stocking: I couldn’t believe it when I saw Hobby Lobby had a dedicated section for dog stockings! This is the one I got, but they have a bunch of others – $5 too! Unfortunately, our other stockings were from Hobby Lobby last year and they don’t have them anymore. Moral of the story… Buy more stockings than you need.
- Ornaments: I am pretty sentimental about ornaments, but if I just put the few sentimental ones we have on our tree, it would look pretty bare. So… the best thing I’ve gotten are mini ball ornaments to “fill in the gaps” where there are holes. Hobby Lobby has a big pack here for $2.50.
- More ornaments: As you guys know, I love Disney. My favorite ornament is one we got at Disney World last year and it is a snow globe with Mickey and Minnie inside. While the ornaments aren’t cheap, they are beautiful. Check this out because Shop Disney is having buy 2, get 1 free sale on ornaments right now.
I would love to hear your other Christmas finds! Make sure to share with us in the comments or on our Instagram.
Merry (almost) Christmas 😉