Since I love cookies so much, I thought it was about time to try edible cookie dough! I used this recipe in the Chocolate Chocolate Chunk and the Funfetti Cookie Dough. It was very yummy, but to be honest it still felt a bit weird eating cookie dough! I guess I’ll have to keep trying it to get it through my head it’s safe 😉
I only have a couple of notes, as this was very simple to master:
– I added a pinch more salt to the chocolate chocolate chunk. Otherwise it will be too sweet.
– The dough will be less firm than regular cookie dough. Once you refrigerate it, it will firm up.
– You can microwave the flour to heat treat it. Microwave in 15 second intervals 5 times. If you do this way, I recommend sifting the flour afterwards.
– It is imperative to mix the ingredients exactly according to the directions. Heat treated flour is a little harder to incorporate.
– Be very careful not to add too much almond extract in the Funfetti Sugar Cookie. It is an overwhelming flavor!
– Have fun with the sprinkles! I already had red sprinkles on hand so I used those. They happened to turn my dough pink.
And that’s that! Have you tried edible cookie dough?