Happy Valentine’s Day! Honestly, my favorite part about Valentine’s Day is the sweet treats – especially when all my favorite candies are sold in pink and red variations. I stumbled across this recipe while looking for a Valentine’s Day treat to make and nothing gets easier than this! If you are looking for a quick treat for your significant other or just something yummy to snack on when you watch Rom Coms this afternoon – you’re in the right place. This is something you could also easily make any other time of year too – just use regular colored M&M’s.
Here is the recipe I started with. This recipe is SO quick and easy – you only need 3 ingredients!
Here is what you’ll need…
- Pretzels – The squares are the best, but I used mini twists because that is what I had at home.
- 1 bag of Hugs – This is the variation of Hershey kisses with white chocolate on top and a milk chocolate filling. You can really use whatever chocolate candies you want here, but these Hugs turned out super pretty.
- 1 bag of Valentine’s M&M’s – It’s not essential that they are pink and red, but these look prettier.
Here is what you’ll need to do…
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil
- Spread out pretzels on the baking sheet – I would start by filling in every space with pretzels on a standard baking sheet, you’ll be limited by how many Hugs you have for how many bites you can make
- Carefully unwrap each Hug and place one on the top of each pretzel. The closer you place the Hug to the center of the pretzel, the better
- Once you have Hugs on all the pretzels, but them in the oven for about 3 minutes. You don’t want them to fully melt, but you want them to be soft.
- Pull the pretzels out of the oven and gently place one M&M on top of every Hug – so each bite will be: pretzel, Hug, M&M.
- Leave the pretzels on the baking sheet on the counter or put in the fridge to cool/ harden. Do not try to move them off the baking sheet until after the chocolate has hardened. Then you are done!
Like I said.. SO quick and easy. Hope you enjoy these as much as my husband is – ours may not make it until tomorrow. And again, happy Valentine’s Day!