Hi friends – Happy Sunday! The “Sunday scaries” are real tonight as I start to shift my mind to work tomorrow after being at the beach all week. It was such a great week of family, games, and rest, which makes it hard to go back to reality.
However, as with all good vacations, Dylan and I felt the need to diet afterwards. We made a really yummy dinner of veggies, salmon, and pineapple on the grill tonight. But! Just because dinner is healthy, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get dessert too 🙂
Dylan had requested a chocolate chip “pizookie”, but I wanted to take it one step further. I found this recipe from my friend Sally (maybe one day we will be actual friends!) and it did NOT disappoint. This bread is easy, contains a lot of ingredients you probably already have, AND tastes just like a chocolate chip cookie in cake form. In fact, I even got a “good job honey” from my husband after he ate his second slice. I’m telling you, this is a winner.
Since I followed the recipe to a “t”, I’m not going to write it out, but instead give you a few pointers…
- She calls for the eggs, butter, and sour cream at room temp; however, I felt a bit weird about leaving the sour cream out. Also, I didn’t feel bad about the sour cream being cold since the milk was going to be cold as well. Leaving the butter out to soften did really help when I creamed it with the sugar though.
- I decided to not make the chocolate & peanut butter topping and I was glad I held off. The bread is so full of chocolate, you don’t really need anything else.
- When you get to the part where you add the sour cream, mine definitely looked curdled. She mentions that is normal! My dough all pulled together when I added the dry ingredients and the milk.
- I ended up baking mine for right at 55 minutes – just be careful when you get close to the one hour mark that you don’t overbake. Mine was perfect – the outside was a little crunchy, but the middle was gooey and moist.
- The only things I didn’t have in my kitchen were mini chocolate chips and whole milk – honestly, I thought they were both worth the trip to the grocery store and helped the bread turn out so well.
I really don’t think you can mess this one up if you follow the recipe! It is so yummy and easy. Happy baking!